Tuesday, April 28, 2009

270 Lilac

I always associate lilacs with my birthday at the end of May. I remember Grandma Falkner cutting lilacs and I remember having lilacs in large vases on the table around my birthday. Eastern Pennsylvania is about two weeks ahead of NW Wisconsin, but I think this is pushing it a bit. Rich and ate dinner outside on Friday next to the lilac bush and there were only  leaves on the bushes. I didn't notice any blossoms on Saturday or Sunday morning. When we came home from Sunday's game the bushes were in full bloom. Just like that. This white one was on the property when I bought the house. We cut down the original bush, and when this one appeared in it's place, I moved it to a different location. I also have a purple one in the garden because they remind me of Grandma Falkner.

No comments: