Saturday, April 11, 2009

253 Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Rich will tell you that I really can't sit still. It's a tough thing for me to do. We have an 18 game season pass for the Phillies AAA team the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and I do sit in my seat the entire game and I keep score. Probably not the most detailed of box scores, but it keeps me watching the game and gives me something to do. Perhaps I should blame it on all the years of note taking in grad. school.

The Iron Pigs came to the Valley last year and had the worst record in baseball ever starting last season at 0-11. They did OK starting at the end of May, once they got their uniforms dirty, at least that is Rich's theory. 

This year they are hoping to move for worst to first, but they lost the first two games. They lost this game 2-1 in 11 innings against the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees, which is not that bad since the Yankees ended last season number one or two team in the International League.

No comments: