Monday, September 15, 2008

046 Homework

I'm taking a documentary photography class at the Banana Factory and the theme is kitchens. Our assignment this week is a self-portrait in the kitchen which we are to bring to the next class, as well as a recipe, and an image that inspires us. Now the combination of food and photography is almost too good to be true, but bringing a recipe is a bit overwhelming. Favorite has no meaning when it comes to cooking. It all depends on the occasion and besides, I have four shelves of cookbooks in the kitchen. I would have a much easier time coming up with a multi-course menu and bringing in those recipes. We are limited to just one and I have until Wednesday to decide. This self-portrait with a pile of cookbooks tells my dilemma. It is also how I look almost every Saturday around 11 AM when I plan the menu and make the grocery list for the next week.

No comments: